Tailored for high achieving Year 9 students who would like to challenge and grow their potential through accelerated learning.
In response to the excellent growth and results witnessed in Tutors SA’s ACER/Ignite and accelerated learning courses, we are offering the special extension class for high achieving Year 9 students to further develop their learning potential. This class is specially tailored for students who have already completed the ACER/Ignite Scholarship course or other similar courses.
Inspired by like-minded, bright students with a strong work ethic, the students can reach their own potential in Maths, English and General Science subjects at their own pace. This is a unique opportunity to work together with other high-achieving students in a small group setting to further prepare for high school.
Eligibility criteria to enrol in Year 9/10 Extension Class
- For students who have gone through the ACER/Ignite course at Tutors SA, or
- Students who have been awarded a Scholarship (ACER/ACEP) or entry into special accelerated learning programs such as Ignite, STEM Pathways, ALEAP, GifT and other similar programs, or
- Any other interested year 9 students – are to be assessed through Tutors SA’s free initial assessment.
Special Extension, Accelerated Learning Pathway at Tutors SA
Tutors SA has established an Accelerated Learning Pathway for high-achieving students. The pathway starts from the ACER Level 1/Ignite Scholarship Preparation Course, followed by a special stream of extension classes all the way up to Year 12, where students go through extension and accelerated learning following the Australian Curriculum. High achieving year 9 students who have not joined the ACER Level 1/Ignite Course are also encouraged to apply.
For Year 9 students, the main entry point is “Special Extension Accelerated Class Year 9/10” and will have the opportunity to progress further with our SACE HeadStart Program for Year 10/11 students where they can get advanced knowledge and exposure to SACE Stage 1 core subjects such as Mathematical Methods, Specialist Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Students will be able to strengthen their knowledge in different disciplines of science including biological, physical and Chemical Sciences.
- Year: 9/10
- Session times: Each session runs for 3 hours weekly on Wednesdays 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm
- Subjects: 1 hour each for Maths, English and General Science
- Class Holidays: In line with Tutors SA term dates
- Free Homework Help: Free Maths homework help sessions are provided to students enrolled for this course on Thursdays from 6.00pm-8.00pm during the term at the Campbelltown Centre. No prior bookings are required.
Fees: 7.5% Discount
Fees: 5% Discount
|Term||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|Fees: 7.5% Discount||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0|
|Fees: 5% Discount||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0|
|Fees: Standard||$ 1,482.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 1,026.00|
- $35.00 once off enrolment fee for new students enrolling with Tutors SA
- 5% early bird discount is applicable for full term advance payments. Please refer to our early bird deadline and fees indicated in
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Payment and Cancellation Policy is applicable for students enrolled in this course.
|Term 1||15 Jan||14 Apr||13 Weeks|
|Term 2||30 April||8 Jul||10 Weeks|
|Term 3||23 Jul||30 Sept||10 Weeks|
|Term 4||15 Oct 2022||16 Dec||9 Weeks|
How to enrol?
Please email [email protected] to subscribe for the latest updates on this course, and we will keep you updated as soon as the course commences.
Donash Education Centre
27 Montacute Road
Campbelltown SA 5074
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 13 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes