ACER Primary Scholarship Preparation
Tutors SA offer special primary scholarship preparation courses for students currently in year 3 or 4 in 2018 (who are entering year 5 or 6 in 2020), targeting ACER Primary Scholarship Exam organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Only a limited number of students will be selected to these courses.
Exceptional ACER Level 1 and Ignite Achievements in 2018:
Overall 36 students were offered ACER scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER: 10 ACER scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 6 Students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program)
Key Information Summary:
- Start date – 13 October 2018.
- Enrolment deadline – 10 October 2018.
- Timeframe: October 2018 – February 2019.
- Session times:
- Hectorville Centre: Weekly on Saturdays, 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm.
- Fee Structure:
- Regular sessions: $66 (including GST) per 2 hr session. A payment schedule is followed.
- Location: Tutors SA – Hectorville Centre
- East Torrens Primary School, 12 Robson Road, Hectorville SA 5073
Please follow the link here for ACER Primary Scholarship Class Information Package.
What is in the Information Package?
- Past ACER Level 1 Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
- What is ACER Primary Scholarship Test?
- Who is this test for?
- What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
- What is the course structure in the course offered at Tutors SA?
- Who will be conducting this course at Tutors SA?
- What are the other requirements and points to consider?
- How to Enrol?
What is ACER Primary School Scholarship Test?
ACER Primary Scholarship Test is a series of academic ability tests conducted by independent schools in order to award of academic scholarships. Several independent schools in South Australia participate in the Australian Cooperative Entry Program (ACEP).
Who is this test for?
This course is designed for “Primary Level”- For students entering Year 5 or 6 in 2020. Therefore, we will be opening opportunities for students currently in school years 3 and 4 in 2018.
What is the test Structure?
We prepare students for all 3 test components within the ACER Primary level exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading and Viewing (multiple choice, 30 minutes)
Test 2: Mathematics (multiple choice, 30 minutes)
Test 3: Writing (2 x short extended response, 40 minutes)
Refer to the Primary Level Test Content for detailed information about test structure.
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
How to Enrol?
- Complete the Tutors SA Enrolment Form, and email a scanned copy to info@TutorsSA.com.au.
- Pay $132 deposit towards last two sessions of the course to confirm the enrolment. Payment details are provided in the Information Package HERE.
- One of our staff members will contact you for further information and to finalise your enrolment.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 15
- Exams 10
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10