Extension Class – Year 8/9
Tutors SA offers special extension courses for high achieving Year 8/9 students to further develop their learning potential. This course is specially tailored for students who already completed the ACER (Level 1)/Ignite scholarship preparation courses or other similar courses. It is also tailored for high achieving students who would like to challenge and grow their potential through accelerated learning.
Inspired by like-minded, bright students with a strong work ethic, students are able to reach their own potential in Maths, English and General Science subjects. This is a unique opportunity to work together with high-achieving students to further prepare for high school.
1.1. Extend the already improved knowledge and standard to even higher levels to excel in Year 8, and provide the core skills needed for Year 9 and beyond in a structured and progressive manner.
1.2. Maths – The Maths session will be based around the Year 8 and Year 9 Australian Curriculum, with room to extend beyond these levels.
▪ Regular class exercises, skills-based assessments, and worksheets will be provided in line with the lessons taught.
▪ Provide an opportunity and an environment to extend and accelerate maths learning to lay a strong foundation to excel in high school studies.
▪ Prepare students to achieve higher outcomes in advanced academic assessments such as AMC, ICAS.
1.3. English – The English session will be based around the Year 8 and Year 9 Australian Curriculum, with room to extend beyond these levels.
▪ This textbook uses a thematic approach to cover critical reading comprehension, grammar, spelling and writing responses.
▪ In addition, emphasis will also be on teaching essay writing skills, genre writing, skills in critical analysis and examining the use of literary techniques.
▪ The written application in the humanities of History and Geography will also be included to cover paraphrasing, referencing, source analysis and critical analysis.
1.5. In all cases homework will be given weekly to consolidate learning.
Course duration: Weekly in Term 2 – Term 4 2020. Starting 29 April 2020 and ending 9th December 2020
Subjects: 1 hour each for Maths, English and Science (*Note: It is compulsory to take all 3 subjects under this course)
Course Fees: $99 per session
Location: Donash Education Centre, 27 Montacute Road, Campbelltown SA 5074
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 40 - 45
- Exams 4+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10