Ignite Exam Preparation Course – Accelerated
Accelerated Ignite Scholarship Preparation Courses
We are glad to inform you that Tutors SA will be starting Accelerated Ignite Scholarship Preparation Courses targeting 2018 scholarship test to cater for more students who are seeking our support. This will be 8 day long accelerated course, covering all the core concepts required for the test preparation.
Summary of Information and Key Dates:
- Selection test date: 06th December 2017 (5.30 pm – 8.30 pm)
- Class start date: 8th January 2018
- Session Duration: 10.00 am – 3.30 pm. 5 hours per session, (2.5 hrs English, and 2.5 hrs Maths, 0.5 hrs lunch break)
- Timeframe: 8th January 2018 – 19th January 2018 (8 Days over 2 weeks, 4 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. No classes on Wednesdays)
- Fees: $ 187 (including GST) per 5-hour session
Places are highly Limited. ENROL NOW
Tutors SA offer special scholarship preparation for students currently in year 5 and 6, targeting ACER and Ignite Scholarship exams. Students get selected for these courses based on a selection test held at Tutors SA Centres.
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program is an accelerated learning program for Gifted and Talented students. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
Only three schools offer this program, Aberfoyle Park High School, Glenunga International High School, and The Heights School.
Who is this test for?
Secondary Level -1 is for students entering Year 7 or 8. The test usually takes place February.
What is the test Structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the ACER exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Written Expression (extended response, 25 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every session, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
When are tests held?
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 16
- Exams 16+
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10