Accelerated Ignite Preparation Course
Tutors SA offers special scholarship preparation courses for students currently in Year 5 in 2021, targeting ACER® Scholarship Tests and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Please note that places are limited and students are selected and grouped based on a selection test for these courses held at Tutors SA Centres.
Our main scholarship preparation course started in July 2021 and we are tutoring and mentoring close to 95 students across 10 groups. However, the enrolment for this main course is now closed as all groups are full.
This is an exciting opportunity to support students who missed joining our main scholarship preparation course with our new intensive “Accelerated ACER® Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Holiday Course” held at our Campbelltown Centre during the school holiday months of Sept/Oct 2021 (Part 1) and Jan 2022 (Part 2). This course will have the equivalent number of contact hours compared to our main course to prepare students for the exams.
Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
Exceptional Achievements in 2021:
Based on results we have been informed so far, overall there are 54 successful offers (We are waiting to hear from more parents as some results are yet to be released).
Ignite: 38 Offers – 6 students ranked Top 25. One student ranked 6th overall and 2nd place in abstract reasoning.
ACER®: 10 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 100% scholarship (Prince Alfred College)
1 – 60% scholarship (Pembroke School)
6 – 50% scholarship (St John’s Grammar School, Loreto College, Rostrevor College, Immanuel College, Christian Brothers College)
1 – 25% scholarship (Scotch College)
Other (STEM): 6 Offers in renown schools.
6 – Adelaide Botanic High School
Exceptional Achievements in 2020:
Based on results we have been informed, overall there were 26 successful offers.
Ignite: 14 Offers – 3 students are in Top 25 out of 570 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam at Glenunga International High School.
ACER®: 12 Offers in renown schools (St Peter’s College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, Walford Anglican School for Girls, Rostrevor College).
Other (ALEAP, STEM): Exams were cancelled due to COVID-19 in 2020. Several students have received interviews during the selection process.
Exceptional Achievements in 2019:
Based on results we have been informed, overall there were 24 successful offers.
Ignite (Round 1 offers): 11 Offers – In which 4 out of 11 students were in Top 25 out of 522 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam. In addition, one outstanding student ranked 2nd in English out of the total participants who sat for the exam.
ACER®: 9 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 75% scholarship (Pembroke)
3 – 50% scholarship (St Paul’s Boys School, Pulteney Grammar, Prescott)
3 – 25% scholarship (Pembroke, Woodcroft, Prince Alfred College)
Other (ALEAP, STEM): 5 Offers in renown schools.
3 – ALEAP – Adelaide High School
2 – Accelerated STEM Program – Norwood Morialta High School
Exceptional Achievements in 2018:
Overall 37 students were offered ACER® scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER®: 10 scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other: 7 students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program).
Summary of Information and Key Dates:
- Initial selection and grouping test:
- Selection Test Date & Time:
- Option 1: Thursday, 9th September 2021, 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Option 2: Friday, 10th September 2021, 5.45pm – 8.45pm
- Register for the test at this link: ACER/Ignite Selection Test Registration by Wednesday 8th September 2021
- Selection Test Date & Time:
- Class start dates: 28th September 2021 (Part 1), 10th January 2022 (Part 2)
- Session duration: 10.00 am – 3.30 pm
- 5 hours per session (2.5 hrs English, 2.5 hrs Maths, and a 0.5 hrs lunch break)
- FREE Maths homework help sessions are available on class days from 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm
- Timeframe: 28th September– 8th October 2021 (Part 1), 10th January – 21st January 2022 (Part 2)
- No. of sessions: 16 x 5-hour sessions
- Fee Structure:
- Initial selection and grouping test: $45.00
- Course fees: $3,285.00. A special 10% discount applies to the course fee if you pay the full fees upfront for this course by 23rd September 2021.
- Once off enrolment fee: $35.00
- An installment payment schedule is available for parents who prefer to pay in installments. Please refer to the Scholarship Class Information Package below for the full details.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of GST.
- Location: Tutors SA Campbelltown Centre, Donash Education Centre, 27 Montacute Road, SA 5075
Access the full Information Package here.
What is in the Information Package?
1/2. Parent Testimonials/Reviews
3. Past ACER® Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
4. What is ACER® Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
5. Who is this test for?
6. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
7. What are the course details and structure?
8. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
9. ACER®/Ignite Accelerated Course Payment Schedule
10. Enrolment, Payment and Cancellation Policy
11. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program Practice Test focuses on Gifted and Talented students by offering accelerated learning programs from year 7 onwards. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as the Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
The Ignite program is offered in 3 schools in South Australia including Glenunga International High School.
Who is this test for?
We will be targeting “Secondary Level – 1”– For students entering Year 7 in 2023. Therefore, we will be opening opportunities for students currently in school years 5 in 2021. Generally, tests are held in February each year, and hence it is anticipated the next test will be held in February 2022, for 2023 school entrance.
Main Scholarship and Entry Exams covered through our ACER/Ignite course:
|Main Scholarship Test/ Entry Exam||Participating Schools|
|1. Ignite Entry Exam||
Aberfoyle Park High School
|2. ACER/ACEP Private School Scholarship Test||Over 30 private, catholic, and independent schools|
|3. STEM Pathways Program||Adelaide Botanic High School|
|4. Accelerated STEM Program||Norwood Morialta High School|
|5. Summit Program||Unley High School|
What is the test structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the Ignite exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Abstract reasoning (40 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER®/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this ACER Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 16
- Exams 16+
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10