Ignite Exam Preparation – Accelerated Jan 2020
Tutors SA offers special scholarship preparation courses for students in years 5 and 6 in 2019, targeting February 2020 ACER Scholarship Tests and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER), and other similar entry exams such as ALEAP, STEM Entry Programs, Think Bright Programs and so on.
Our main scholarship preparation course started in July 2019 and we are currently tutoring more than 55 enrolled students across 6 groups. However, the enrolments for this main course is now closed as all groups are full.
To support students who missed joining our main scholarship preparation course, effective from November 2019 we are now opening enrolments for our “Accelerated Scholarship Preparation Course” which will be starting in January 2020.
Please note that places are highly limited for these courses and students are selected and grouped based on a selection test prior to enrolment.
Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2019 ACER and Ignite Results Summary
Based on results we have been informed so far, overall there were 24 successful offers.
Ignite (Round 1 offers): 11 Offers – In which 4 out of 11 students were in Top 25 out of 522 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam. In addition, one outstanding student ranked 2nd in English out of the total participants who sat for the exam.
ACER: 9 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 75% scholarship (Pembroke)
3 – 50% scholarship (St Paul’s Boys School, Pulteney Grammar, Prescott)
3 – 25% scholarship (Pembroke, Woodcroft, Prince Alfred College)
Other (ALEAP, STEM): 5 Offers in renown schools.
3 – ALEAP – Adelaide High School
2 – Accelerated STEM Program – Norwood Morialta High School
2018 ACER and Ignite Results Summary
Overall 37 students were offered ACER scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER: 10 ACER scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 6 students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program)
Summary of Information and Key Dates:
- Selection test date:
- Option 1: Thursday, 21st November 2019, 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Option 2: Saturday, 23rd November 2019, 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Register for the test at this link: ACER/Ignite Selection Test Registration by 20th November 2019
- Class start date: 6th January 2020
- Session duration: 10.00 am – 3.30 pm
- 5 hours per session (2.5 hrs English, 2.5 hrs Maths, and 0.5 hrs lunch break)
- FREE Maths homework help sessions are available on class days from 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm
- Timeframe: 6th – 17th January 2020 (8 days over 2 weeks, 4 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. No classes on Wednesdays)
- Fee Structure:
- Initial selection and grouping test: $45.00 (including GST)
- Regular sessions: $184.00 (including GST) per 5-hr session
- Once off enrolment fee: $25.00
- Location: Tutors SA Hectorville Centre
Access the full Information Package here.
What is in the Information Package?
1. Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2. What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
3. Who is this test for?
4. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
5. What is the course structure of the ACCELERATED course?
6. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
7. ACER/Ignite Accelerated Course Payment Details
8. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program is an accelerated learning program for Gifted and Talented students. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
Only three schools offer this program, Aberfoyle Park High School, Glenunga International High School, and The Heights School.
Who is this test for?
Secondary Level -1 is for students entering Year 7 or 8. The test usually takes place February.
What is the test Structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the Ignite exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Abstract reasoning (40 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 8
- Exams 8+
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10