Innovation & Creative Thinking: Harnessing the Wind
In keeping with the theme of sustainability, the main purpose of this exciting course ‘Harnessing the Wind’ is to provide students with a theoretical and practical introduction to the process of converting wind energy to electrical energy. Students will apply their newly gained knowledge to develop a basic proof of concept demonstrator using preliminary programming and easy access hardware tools. Moreover, students will undertake a reflective exercise at the end of each session, encouraging self-regulation and active participation in the learning process.
The success of this course will lie in the encouragement of students to present their ‘out-of-the-box’ ideas, and, using the tools of thinking and relevant knowledge gathered each week, refine their ideas for implementation. The skillset gained from this course will encourage students to actively and meaningfully contribute to solving real-world problems faced in our daily lives.
School Years 6-10
- 6 weekly sessions x 1.5 hr per session
- Starting in School Term 2:
- Starting 30 May 2020, Saturdays 2.45 pm – 4.15 pm
- Full course fee: $249
- Registration closes by 27th May 2020
- Live Online Classes via Zoom Video Conferencing App
- Easy to use Learning Management System (LMS)
- Fees include the delivery of course handbook and materials within the Adelaide metropolitan area
How to enrol?
- Step 1: Complete the Online Enrolment Form HERE.
- Step 2: Pay STEM Centre Australia the course fee in advance by 27/05/2020. An invoice will be sent to you with the payment details once the enrolment form is completed.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 6
- Exams 0
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Special
- Students 8