Ignite Exam Preparation Course
Tutors SA offers special scholarship preparation courses for students currently in Years 5 and 6 in 2020, targeting ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Please note that places are limited and students are selected and grouped based on a selection test for these courses held at Tutors SA Centres.
Registrations for the Ignite Preparation Course’s initial selection and grouping test is now open until Wednesday, 20 May 2020 – EXTENDED to 25 May 2020. The Ignite Preparation Course for 2020 will be starting from 2nd July 2020.
Exceptional Achievements in 2020:
Based on results we have been informed so far, overall there are 22 successful offers.
Ignite: 12 Offers so far – 3 students are in Top 25 out of 570 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam at Glenunga International High School.
ACER: 10 Offers so far in renown schools (St Peter’s College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, Walford Anglican School for Girls, Rostrevor College).
Other (ALEAP, STEM): Exams were cancelled due to COVID-19 in 2020. Several students have received interviews during the selection process.
Exceptional Achievements in 2019:
Based on results we have been informed so far, overall there were 24 successful offers.
Ignite (Round 1 offers): 11 Offers – In which 4 out of 11 students were in Top 25 out of 522 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam. In addition, one outstanding student ranked 2nd in English out of the total participants who sat for the exam.
ACER: 9 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 75% scholarship (Pembroke)
3 – 50% scholarship (St Paul’s Boys School, Pulteney Grammar, Prescott)
3 – 25% scholarship (Pembroke, Woodcroft, Prince Alfred College)
Other (ALEAP, STEM): 5 Offers in renown schools.
3 – ALEAP – Adelaide High School
2 – Accelerated STEM Program – Norwood Morialta High School
Exceptional Achievements in 2018:
Overall 37 students were offered ACER scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER: 10 ACER scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 7 students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program).
Key Information Summary:
- Initial selection and grouping test:
- Option 1: Sunday, 24th May 2020, 1.00pm – 4.00pm (FULL)
- Option 2: Tuesday, 26th May 2020, 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Option 3: Sunday, 31st May 2020, 1.00pm to 4.00pm (FULL)
- Option 4: Sunday, 31st May 2020, 9.30pm to 12.30pm (FULL)
- Location: Donash Education Centre, 27 Montacute Road Campbelltown SA 5074
- Course duration: From 02 July 2020 – February 2021
- No. of sessions: 30 sessions
- Session times:
- Campbelltown Centre: Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm or Sundays 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
- Fullarton Centre: Weekly on Fridays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm or Sundays 9.30am – 12.30pm.
- Students are allocated to groups based on the initial selection and grouping test.
- Note that students get allocated to one group and they need to attend only the allocated group on a weekly basis at one of the centres, not both.
- Initial selection and grouping test: $45 (including GST).
- Total course fee: $2,970 for 30 sessions (3 hours per session). *Note: 10% discount apply for full course payments by 10th June 2020.
- An installment payment schedule is available for parents who prefer to pay in installments. Please refer to the Scholarship Class Information Package below for the full details.
Register for the Initial Selection and Grouping Test HERE. Registration closes by 20th May 2020 – EXTENDED to 25 May 2020.
Please read our Scholarship Class Information Package for the full course details.
What is in the Information Package?
1. Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2. Parent Testimonials
3. What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
4. Who is this test for?
5. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
6. What are the course details and structure?
7. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
8. ACER/Ignite Course Payment Schedule
9. Enrolment, Payment and Cancellation Policy
10. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program focuses on Gifted and Talented students by offering accelerated learning programs from year 8 onwards.. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as the Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
The Ignite program is offered in 3 schools in South Australia including Glenunga International High School. Due to the “Year 7 to high school project” by 2022, Glenunga International High School has confirmed that there will be 2 intakes in 2022 targeting students in year 6 in 2021 as well as students in year 7 in 2021.
Who is this test for?
We will be targeting “Secondary Level – 1”- For students entering Year 7 or 8 in 2022. Therefore, we will be opening opportunities for students currently in school years 5 and 6 in 2020.
Generally, tests are held in February each year, and hence it is anticipated the next test will be held in February 2021, for 2022 school entrance.
|Main Scholarship Test/ Entry Exam||Participating Schools|
|1. Ignite Entry Exam||· Glenunga International High School|
· The Heights School
· Aberfoyle Park High School
|2. ACER/ACEP Private School Scholarship Test||Over 30 private and independent schools|
|3. STEM Pathways Program||Adelaide Botanic High School|
|4. Accelerated STEM Program||Norwood Morialta High School|
|5. Special Language Entry Program (ALEAP)||Adelaide High School|
What is the test structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the Ignite exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Abstract reasoning (40 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 30
- Exams 10+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10