Ignite Exam Preparation Course
Tutors SA offers special scholarship preparation courses for students currently in Years 5 and 6, targeting ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Students get selected to these courses based on a selection test held at Tutors SA Centres.
Exceptional Achievements in 2018:
Overall 36 students were offered ACER scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER: 10 ACER scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 6 students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program)
Key Information Summary:
- Initial selection and grouping test: 06 June 2019
- Test registration deadline: 31 May 2019
- Class start date: 04 July 2019
- Class Timeframe: July 2019 – February 2020
- Session times:
- Hectorville Centre: Weekly on Thursdays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm.
- Fullarton Centre: Weekly on Fridays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm.
- Students are allocated to groups based on the initial selection and grouping test.
- Initial selection and grouping test: $45 (including GST).
- Regular sessions: $97 (including GST) per 3 hr session. A payment schedule is followed.
Please contact us for further information and for the Scholarship Class Information Package.
What is in the Information Package?
1. Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2. What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
3. Who is this test for?
4. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
5. What is the course structure in the course offered at Tutors SA?
6. Who will be conducting this course at Tutors SA?
7. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
8. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
9. How to register for the selection test?
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program is an accelerated learning program for Gifted and Talented students. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
Only three schools offer this program, Aberfoyle Park High School, Glenunga International High School, and The Heights School.
Who is this test for?
Secondary Level -1 is for students entering Year 7 or 8. The test usually takes place February.
What is the test structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the Ignite exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Abstract reasoning (40 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 30 - 35
- Exams 10+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10