Ignite Exam Preparation Course
The enrolment for this course is now closed. Please refer to the Accelerated Ignite Preparation Course page for the available Ignite preparation course offering during the Sep/Oct 2021 and January 2022 school holidays.
Tutors SA offers special scholarship preparation courses for students currently in Year 5 in 2021, targeting ACER® Scholarship Tests and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Please note that places are limited and students are selected and grouped based on a selection test for these courses held at Tutors SA Centres.
Exceptional Achievements in 2021:
Based on results we have been informed so far, overall there are 54 successful offers (We are waiting to hear from more parents as some results are yet to be released).
Ignite: 38 Offers – 6 students ranked Top 25. One student ranked 6th overall and 2nd place in abstract reasoning.
ACER®: 10 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 100% scholarship (Prince Alfred College)
1 – 60% scholarship (Pembroke School)
6 – 50% scholarship (St John’s Grammar School, Loreto College, Rostrevor College, Immanuel College, Christian Brothers College)
1 – 25% scholarship (Scotch College)
Other (STEM): 6 Offers in renown schools.
6 – Adelaide Botanic High School
Exceptional Achievements in 2020:
Based on results we have been informed, overall there were 26 successful offers.
Ignite: 14 Offers – 3 students are in Top 25 out of 570 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam at Glenunga International High School.
ACER®: 12 Offers in renown schools (St Peter’s College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, Walford Anglican School for Girls, Rostrevor College).
Other (ALEAP, STEM): Exams were cancelled due to COVID-19 in 2020. Several students have received interviews during the selection process.
Exceptional Achievements in 2019:
Based on results we have been informed, overall there were 24 successful offers.
Ignite (Round 1 offers): 11 Offers – In which 4 out of 11 students were in Top 25 out of 522 students who sat for the Ignite entrance exam. In addition, one outstanding student ranked 2nd in English out of the total participants who sat for the exam.
ACER®: 9 Offers in renown schools.
1 – 75% scholarship (Pembroke)
3 – 50% scholarship (St Paul’s Boys School, Pulteney Grammar, Prescott)
3 – 25% scholarship (Pembroke, Woodcroft, Prince Alfred College)
Other (ALEAP, STEM): 5 Offers in renown schools.
3 – ALEAP – Adelaide High School
2 – Accelerated STEM Program – Norwood Morialta High School
Exceptional Achievements in 2018:
Overall 37 students were offered ACER® scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 20 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER®: 10 scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 7 students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program, Brighton High School – Think Bright Program).
Key Information Summary:
- Initial selection and grouping test:
- Selection Test Date & Time:
- Please click on the registration link to access the available testing schedule: Register for the Initial Selection and Grouping Test HERE
- Location: Donash Education Centre, 27 Montacute Road, Campbelltown SA 5074
- Selection Test Date & Time:
- Course duration: From 02 July 2021 – February 2022
- No. of sessions: 30 sessions
- Available session times:
- Campbelltown Centre: Weekly on Mondays or Tuesdays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm or Sundays 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
- Mitcham Centre: Weekly on Fridays, 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm or Sundays 9.30am – 12.30pm.
- Note that students get allocated to one group and they need to attend only the allocated group on a weekly basis at one of the centres, not both.
- Initial selection and grouping test: $45.00 (including GST).
- Once-off enrolment fee: $35.00 (applicable for new Tutors SA students only).
- Total course fee: $3,285 for 30 sessions (3 hours per session). *Note: 10% discount apply for full course payments by 18th June 2021.
- An installment payment schedule is available for parents who prefer to pay in installments. Please refer to the Scholarship Class Information Package below for the full details.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of GST.
Please read our Scholarship Class Information Package for the full course details.
What is in the Information Package?
1. Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2. Parent Testimonials
3. What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
4. Who is this test for?
5. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
6. What are the course details and structure?
7. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
8. Enrolment, Payment and Cancellation Policy
9. ACER/Ignite Course Payment Schedule
10. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
What is the Ignite Program?
The Ignite program Practice Test focuses on Gifted and Talented students by offering accelerated learning programs from year 7 onwards. Students are selected for entry into the Ignite program based on their results in an ACER assessment, commonly referred to as the Ignite test.
The test comprises of Reading Comprehension, Written Literacy, Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning.
The Ignite program is offered in 3 schools in South Australia including Glenunga International High School.
Who is this test for?
We will be targeting “Secondary Level – 1”– For students entering Year 7 in 2023. Therefore, we will be opening opportunities for students currently in school years 5 in 2021. Generally, tests are held in February each year, and hence it is anticipated the next test will be held in February 2022, for 2023 school entrance.
Main Scholarship and Entry Exams covered through our ACER/Ignite course:
|Main Scholarship Test/ Entry Exam||Participating Schools|
|1. Ignite Entry Exam||
Aberfoyle Park High School
|2. ACER/ACEP Private School Scholarship Test||Over 30 private, catholic, and independent schools|
|3. STEM Pathways Program||Adelaide Botanic High School|
|4. Accelerated STEM Program||Norwood Morialta High School|
|5. Summit Program||Unley High School|
What is the test structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the Ignite exam, namely:
Test 1: Reading comprehension (45 minutes)
Test 2: Written expression (30 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematical reasoning (40 minutes)
Test 4: Abstract reasoning (40 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 30
- Exams 10+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10