School Girls in STEM
STEM Courses Adelaide
At present, girls generally lack interest and enthusiasm in STEM-related fields, resulting in a significant under-representation of women in STEM careers. Without positive and early exposure to STEM, girls are missing on significant opportunities to develop the necessary transferable skills relevant to this field. The ‘School Girls in STEM’ course contributes towards gender parity in STEM disciplines by inspiring female students about the exciting and endless possibilities of STEM.
Designed by leading experts in STEM and education, this course addresses the National STEM School Education Strategy (Australian Curriculum) to develop key competencies, problem solving skills, critical analysis and creative thinking. Additionally, educators will motivate and empower students, whilst aiming to foster a positive and enthusiastic environment to nurture confidence in girls.
From drones and robots to slime, edible DNA to crystal formation, acids and bases to bendy bones; students will be exposed to a range of engaging, fascinating and interactive activities, to address and extend Australian Curriculum content, promoted by self-regulated and active learning strategies.
All lessons are conducted by qualified and experienced female professionals within relevant Australian industries, thus providing a real-life approach to STEM-related fields.
Please read the Information Package here.
Phase 2 – School years 6-10:
- 6 sessions x 2 hr per session
- Starting in School Term 1:
- Group 1: Starting 24th February 2020, Mondays 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Group 2: Starting 27th February 2020, Thursdays 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Full course fee: $319
- Registration closes by 20th February 2020
STEM Centre Australia Campbelltown Centre
Donash Education Centre
27 Montacute Road Campbelltown SA 5074
How to enrol?
- Step 1: Complete the Online Enrolment Form HERE.
- Step 2: Pay STEM Centre Australia the course fee in advance by 20/02/2020. An invoice will be sent to you with the payment details once the enrolment form is completed.
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 6
- Exams 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Special
- Students 10