As a leading Adelaide Tuition center, we aim to empower students from Reception to year 12 recognize their individual strengths.
As a the leading tuition provider in Adelaide, our complete focus is on developing flexibility in thinking and reasoning, changing attitudes toward learning, and encouraging intellectual independence.
Tutors SA was founded in 2011 by Dr. Don Wenura Dissanayake, a research scientist in one of the leading organisations in Australia with a relentless passion and recognised ability to teach. Don has an extensive and successful tutoring experience of over 15 years for school years 5 – 12, all mathematics, physics, as well as undergraduate engineering and mathematics subjects. Under his mentorship, Tutors SA has successfully provided small group tuitions with highly positive impact on students’ performance in various subjects.
Tutors SA consists of a panel of highly experienced and qualified tutors. Most of our tutors possess postgraduate qualifications including PhDs and master’s degrees. All our English tutors are registered school teachers with several years of experience and relevant qualifications.
Our complete focus is on ensuring the success of students by helping them achieve thorough subject knowledge and understanding that reflects in their school grades as well as future endeavours.
OUR APPROACH TO LEARNING
Tutors SA aims at ensuring the academic excellence of our students, we implement and achieve our high standards by carefully screening and selecting the best tutors who are highly motivated and committed for student success.
We are specialised in providing highly successful small group tuition in a unique manner, and have developed a reputation for improving core skills of our students with their long-term goals in mind for a sustainable development. We also provide individual tutor support when required.
Our elite panel of tutors uses innovative teaching methodologies and follows set lessons, examples and practice to teach concepts in-depth. Our students get weekly homework, which reinforces the learning process and promotes improvement in their grades. In addition, our regular mini-class tests and frequent feedback to parents are designed in a way that enable us to evaluate the progress of students and to mentor them to become better learners and achievers.
WHO WE ARE
We are committed to making a difference in our student’s academic life – Our goal is your success!
Tutors SA was founded in 2011 by Dr. Don Wenura Dissanayake, a research scientist in one of the leading organisations in Australia with a relentless passion and recognised ability to teach.
Don has an extensive and successful tutoring experience of over 15 years for school years 5 – 12, all mathematics, physics, as well as undergraduate engineering and mathematics subjects. Under his mentorship, Tutors SA has successfully provided small group tuitions with highly positive impact on students’ performance in various subjects.
WHAT WE DO
Mapped to the Australian school syllabus, our face-to-face and online tutoring programs cover all subjects and academic levels. From Maths, English, and ACER/ignite programs, to Chemistry, Biology, Physics and general science; our tailored courses are designed to help students achieve superior results.
Our teaching methodology is well-planned, structured and student-centered.
- We support individualized learning, measure and improve academic progress and provide personalized, honest feedback to encourage our students to be the best they can be.
- We focus on connecting tutors and students for the best fit, ensuring their advancement and helping them achieve thorough subject knowledge and understanding.
- We celebrate success when progress is reflected in their school grades and they can visualize opportunities in future endeavors.
“Dream big and pursue your goals with self-discipline and persistence. Have a plan in place and always take action to achieve your goals.”
Staying ahead or catching-up? No child should be left behind!
Our students come to us for many reasons and we love catering for their individual needs:
- Develop a growth mindset to achieve specific milestones for a brighter future.
- Accelerate learning and cultivate special talents.
- Prepare for senior years.
- Prepare for a Standardized Test (ACER/Ignite, IB)
- Receive support while transition to a new school
- Improve social and communications skills and overcome shyness to ask questions in class
- Reinforce recent knowledge or learn about a particular subject that isn’t covered at school
- Improve performance in a specific subject
- Learn skills for better time management and keep up with grade-level expectations
- Develop interest in learning and receive an expert opinion on assignments to avoid slipping grades and scores
Each and every one of us is born with unique traits and characteristics that makes us think, learn, play, dream and live differently than others. By catering to our students individual needs, we make sure we support them on their journey to become the best version of themselves they can possibly be.
- Mock interviews
- Support with all the care subjects, from reception to year 12
- Small group tuition (maximum 10 students per class) to foster connections between likeminded individuals
- Special focus on study ethics and discipline
- One-on-one tuition when needed
As a leading Adelaide Tuition centre, we understand opportunities and success are the result of the compound effect. So we not only aim for academic excellence, but also to instill values and habits that in the long game can reap huge rewards from the small, smart and consistent choices our students make.
- We follow the Australian curriculum
- Regular assessments to measure student progress
- Regular homework to reinforce learning
- Free homework help sessions
- Regular feedback to parents
With high-level qualifications blended with our teaching and tutoring experience, along with our industry exposure; we pride ourselves to be in a great position to assist and mentor our students in the best possible way.
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers & tutors
- Highly successful and most sought-after scholarship preparation courses in Adelaide, (ACER® Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Exam)
- Extension classes for Year 7 to Year 9
- Structured exam revision programs for SACE Stage 2 exams
- UCAT Headstart Courses
- Proven success rate
We thrive when we share, listen and create a solid foundation to remove roadblocks and encourage each other to grow as a whole.
- Support and relevant advice on how to select subjects based on their interests, strengths, and their chosen career path.
We believe true mastery and talent can be improved over time with effort and persistence.
That is why at Tutors SA we embrace challenges, stay resilient in the face of difficulties, learn from our mistakes and seek out inspiration that can help ignite our students brightest potential.
We want every customer, no matter what the situation is, to have a positive experience, feel welcomed and valued.
We pledge ourselves on creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect, acceptance of others, fairness, and self-esteem.
- Family like environment
- Supporting staff
- Affordable rates