RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
GROUP ALLOCATION PROCESS
To better understand the student’s current academic level before enrolment it is compulsory for New Reception to Year 10 students to undertake the free initial assessments
The Free initial assessments are held at our Campbelltown Centre. Register for the free assessment below.
(Applicable for Reception – Year 10 students only)
ENROLMENT, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
A. ENROLMENT POLICY & PROCEDURE
1. It is compulsory for all Reception to Year 10 students enrolling in regular Maths and/or English small group classes to take a Free initial assessment prior to enrolment. No assessments are required for Year 11 or Year 12 or for individual tuition classes.
2. Parents and/or caregivers must complete the Enrolment Process by editing and updating all the required fields on the Tutors SA Spark Portal accounts and each of their student’s Spark accounts.
3. Conditions of enrolment: Parents and/or caregivers agree that students are enrolled at Tutors SA according to the following terms and conditions
- 3.1 For regular tuition, the minimum enrolment period is one (1) complete term as per the Tutors SA term calendar.
- 3.2. The enrolment fee for students new to Tutors SA is applied once the Enrolment Application Form is submitted and payable before proceeding with any lessons.
- 3.3. It is compulsory for all Reception to Year 10 regular group class students to sit for the End of Term Tests each term to measure their ongoing performance and progress.
- 3.4. A place reserved for a student may be offered to another student if the enrolment procedure and fee payments are not observed.
- 3.5. Unsatisfactory discipline and/or attendance of students may result in termination of enrolment and Tutors SA has the full right to do so. No refunds will be provided for such terminations.
B. ENROLMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
1. Once a student is enrolled for a given term, there are strictly no cancellations allowed during the term. Fees for that term are non-refundable and cannot be held in credit. Please refer to Appendix 1 for the conditions of enrolment for individual tuition and Appendix 2 for conditions of enrolment for ACER/Ignite Scholarship courses.
2. Enrolment will automatically roll over from one term to the next, unless the cancellation of enrolment for the new term is notified to us by completing the Request to Cancel Form at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of the new term. Please refer to the table below for the cancellation notification deadline set out for each term. *Please refer to Appendix 1 for notice period of cancellation for individual tuition.
3. Failure to provide notification by the deadlines indicated in the table above will incur a 2-week class cancellation fee as per the student’s existing enrolment.
C. PAYMENT POLICY
1. All payments must be paid in advance by the due date stated in the invoice to Tutors SA Bank account as specified in the Schedule of Fees & Charges.
2. Parents and/or caregivers agree to pay all tuition fees and any other fees promptly.
3. For regular group and extension classes, fees are payable in instalments or full-term in advance payment only.
4. There is a 5% discount as part of our early bird offer, applicable for full-term payments of regular tuition made by the due date specified by Tutors SA as per our Schedule of Fees & Charges
5. A separate payment schedule is applicable for the individual tuition and ACER/Ignite Scholarship courses detailed in its specific information package.
6. Mid-term enrolments: Any student commencing classes once a term has started will pay the fees for the remaining number of sessions in that term. No discounts are applicable.
7. Overdue payments: If fees for a student who has attended classes are unpaid for more than 14 days after the invoice due date, an administration charge of $30.00 per week will accrue on the account until the outstanding debt is paid in full.
8. Parents and/or caregivers agree that if they do not comply with the payment policies:
- 8.1.Tutors SA has the full right to terminate the enrolment without notice.
- 8.2.Tutors SA can take steps to recover monies owed, including professional debt collection action, and parents and/or caregivers agree to pay the costs or expenses incurred in the collection of overdue amounts.
9. A student cannot commence a new term whilst fees and charges from the previous term remain unpaid, unless a satisfactory explanation is given and approved in writing from the Tutors SA management and a payment plan is discussed and agreed by both parties.
10. Parents and/or caregivers agree to be bound by Tutors SA’s Schedule of Fees & Charges, which are subject to change from time to time, including Terms and Conditions of Payment.
11. Please refer to our Schedule of Fees & Charges for further information on the fees, payment deadlines, payment method and options.
12. When making direct deposit payments to Tutors SA, it is the clients responsibility to enter the reference number as per the invoice. Failure to do so could result in a payment being unable to be reconciled and will necessitate proof of payment.
13. If proof of payment cannot be provided, Tutors SA is not liable for the missing funds and has the right to request payment of that invoice.
D. ATTENDANCE POLICY FOR REGULAR TUITION GROUP CLASSES.
1. Students are required to attend all classes during the scheduled time and day in which they are enrolled.
Requests for permanent change of enrolled classes during a term:
2. These are based on class availability and initial assessment results. If we are unable to accommodate the request, students are required to continue their enrolled classes until the end of the Term. As per B.1 there will be no refunds or credits if parents/caregivers decide to cancel.
Replacement class policy due to absence (see Appendix for individual tuition and courses):
3. If a student were to miss a lesson, students are required to replace the class in the same week of absence from their original scheduled class, so that students can catch up on the same content for the missed lesson.
- 3.1 Tutors SA will start a new lesson from every Saturday as the first day of the term starts on a Saturday.
- 3.2 It is recommended that you be aware of the classes available for the year level of your child based on Tutors SA’s Full Class Timetable document in order to be able to plan for the replacement class accordingly.
4. To increase your chances of securing a replacement class, parents/caregivers should notify us of any absences by emailing [email protected] at least 7 days prior to the original scheduled class.
5. If not informed on time, the option of a replacement class may not be available.
6. If available there is a maximum of 2 replacement classes per term which cannot be rolled over to the next term.
7. If both replacement classes are utilised, no further replacement classes will be offered, and the class material and/or lesson outline will be provided for the missed session.
8. If a class is cancelled by Tutors SA at any time, Tutors SA will provide:
8.1. A replacement class with the date and time set by Tutors SA.
- 8.2. For students who cannot attend the replacement class set by Tutors SA, a credit will be issued to the value of the class missed for the following term.
- 8.3. If the student is not continuing with Tutors SA the following term, a refund to the same value will be provided at the end of the term.
In the event of a situation where we cannot utilise our centre facilities for example due to a lockdown, we will provide our classes in an online format.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tutors SA reserves the right to amend our Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
2.1. Tutors SA will endeavour to provide reasonable care of the student while the Student is under the care or supervision of Tutors SA during the student’s enrolled class times.
2.2. Tutors SA is not liable for supervision of students outside of their enrolled class times.
3.1. Parents and caregivers agree that, in the event of illness or injury to the student necessitating urgent hospital and/or medical treatment, including injections, blood transfusions, surgery and the like, and if the parent or guardian is not readily available to authorise such treatment, Tutors SA will give the necessary authority for such treatment without the organisation or any persons associated with Tutors SA incurring any legal liability to the parent or guardian or student in so doing. Parents agree to bear all costs associated with the treatment of such emergencies, ambulance services and other associated costs related to the medical treatment.
3.2. The parent or guardian acknowledges and agrees that all costs incurred as a result of any damage, injury, loss, expense or liability that may be caused to public and/ or private property by the student will be completely paid to Tutors SA.
3.3 The parent or guardian acknowledges and agrees that Tutors SA is not liable for any damage, accidents, injury, loss, expense or liability that may occur to any person including students attending the premises.
4. DROP OFFS AND PICK-UPS
4.1. Parents are required to drop their child(ren) off at most 10 minutes before the class starts and immediately after the class ends. Any drop offs earlier or pick up later than the specified time frame is not acceptable. Tutors SA does not provide supervision outside of class attendance and therefore does not take responsibility for any consequences due to early drop-offs or late pick-ups.
4.2. Parents are required to pick up their child(ren) as soon as their class sessions are completed. If not then a late pick-up fee of $25 for every 5 minutes or part thereof will be invoiced within 7 days and payable by the due date.
4.3. We strongly advise parents and/or caregivers to walk your child into the centre during drop offs (especially younger children) and walk into the centre to pick up your child for safety and security reasons.
5.1 The parent(s) and/or caregivers of the Student agree to release, indemnify and defend Tutors SA, with respect to all claims, liabilities, losses, suits or expenses (including costs and reasonable legal fees), made or brought by anyone, including a co-participant, third party, the Student, parents or caregivers of the Student, or any member of the Student’s family, arising out of any injury, damage, or other loss in any way connected with the Student’s enrolment or participation in Tutors SA activities or use of Tutors SA services, equipment, tuition, facilities or materials, however caused.
6.1 Parents and/or caregivers give consent to receive any form of communication from Tutors SA related to important updates, events, and promotions from time to time to the contact details provided upon submission of the enrolment form.
6.2 The regulations, policies and procedures set out in this document are satisfactorily observed in all respects.
ADDITIONAL POLICY NOTES FOR INDIVIDUAL TUITION
1. The minimum enrolment period is one term per subject upon the agreed enrolment start date. (*The weekly session condition does not apply to Research Project tuition)
2. Full payment in advance before the start of the class is required to secure the enrolment unless a payment arrangement has been agreed on by Tutors SA and the client.
3. Payments are to be made to Tutors SA either directly from the online payment link in your emailed invoice or directly to our bank account with the account details stated in the invoice.
4. No discounts are applicable for individual tuition.
5. Enrolment will automatically roll over from one term to the next, unless the cancellation of enrolment for the new term is notified to us by completing the Request to Cancel Form at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of the new term. Please refer to the table below for the cancellation notification deadline set out for each term. *Please refer to Appendix 1 for notice period of cancellation for individual tuition.
6. Failure to provide notification by the deadlines indicated in the table above will incur a 2-week class cancellation fee as per the student’s existing enrolment.
9. All face to face classes are beheld at the Tutors SA designated centres
Requests to change the day and/or time of enrolled classes during a term:
10. These are assessed on an individual basis. If we are unable to accommodate the request, students are required to continue their enrolled classes until the end of the Term. As per B.1 there will be no refunds or credits if parents/caregivers decide to cancel.
11. Requests to transition from individual tuition to group classes can only occur at the start of a new term subject to the requested class being suitable and available.
12. This request must be notified to us by completing the Request to Cancel Form at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of the new term.
7. Tutors SA has to be informed of absences 48 hours prior to the scheduled class in writing to [email protected]. The class missed will be rescheduled to the next date subject to tutor and student availability.
8. For absences or cancellations within 48 hours of the session, a Zoom class may be offered at the scheduled time. Requests to reschedule may not be possible. If the absence or cancellation is due to medical emergencies, we require a medical certificate to be emailed to [email protected] before attempting to reschedule.
ADDITIONAL POLICY NOTES FOR ACER®/IGNITE SCHOLARSHIP COURSES
1. This is a special course with limited spaces, and enrolments are offered based on an initial selection test and grouping outcome. Therefore, once a student is enrolled, it is compulsory to attend all the scheduled sessions in the course as stated in the specific information package.
2. If a student fails to attend classes during the scheduled period, neither credits nor refunds will be provided. Tutors SA administration has to be informed 7 days prior to the scheduled class via [email protected] to arrange for a replacement session.
3. More information about this course and fee payments is provided in its specific information package.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Regular tuition group classes – refers to the Reception – Year 10 Maths, English, and General Science subjects; SACE subjects; Extension Classes.