Tailored for high achieving Year 8 students who would like to challenge and grow their potential through accelerated learning.
In response to the excellent growth and results witnessed in Tutors SA’s ACER/Ignite and accelerated learning courses, we are offering the special extension class for high achieving Year 8 students to further develop their learning potential. This class is specially tailored for students who have already completed the ACER/Ignite Scholarship course or other similar courses.
Inspired by like-minded, bright students with a strong work ethic, the students can reach their own potential in Maths, English and General Science subjects at their own pace. This is a unique opportunity to work together with other high-achieving students in a small group setting to further prepare for high school.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO ENROL IN YEAR 8/9 EXTENSION CLASS
- For students who have gone through the ACER/Ignite course at Tutors SA, or
- Students who have been awarded a Scholarship (ACER/ACEP) or entry into special accelerated learning programs such as Ignite, STEM Pathways, ALEAP, GifT and other similar programs, or
- Any other interested year 8 students – are to be assessed through Tutors SA’s free initial assessment.
SPECIAL EXTENSION, ACCELERATED LEARNING PATHWAY AT TUTORS SA
Tutors SA has established an Accelerated Learning Pathway for high-achieving students. The pathway starts from the ACER Level 1/Ignite Scholarship Preparation Course, followed by a special stream of extension classes all the way up to Year 12, where students go through extension and accelerated learning following the Australian Curriculum. High achieving year 8 students who have not joined the ACER Level 1/Ignite Course are also encouraged to apply.
For Year 8 students, the main entry point is “Special Extension Accelerated Class Year 8/9” and will have the opportunity to progress further with our Extension Year 9/10 classes and ultimately to our SACE HeadStart Program for Year 10/11 students where they can get advanced knowledge and exposure to SACE Stage 1 core subjects such as Mathematical Methods, Specialist Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
After Year 8 Science with Tutors SA, the students will be able to strengthen their knowledge in different disciplines of science including biological, physical and Chemical Sciences.
- Year: 8/9
- Session times: Each session runs for 3 hours weekly on Wednesdays 5.30 pm – 8.30 pm
- Subjects: 1 hour each for Maths, English and General Science
- Class Holidays: In line with Tutors SA term dates
- Free Homework Help: Free Maths homework help sessions are provided to students enrolled for this course on Thursdays from 6.00pm-8.00pm during the term at the Campbelltown Centre. No prior bookings are required.
Fees: 7.5% Discount
Fees: 5% Discount
|Term||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|Fees: 7.5% Discount||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0|
|Fees: 5% Discount||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0|
|Fees: Standard||$ 1,482.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 1,140.00||$ 1,026.00|
- $35.00 once off enrolment fee for new students enrolling with Tutors SA
- 5% early bird discount is applicable for full term advance payments. Please refer to our early bird deadline and fees indicated in
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Payment and Cancellation Policy is applicable for students enrolled in this course.
|Term 1||15 Jan||14 Apr||13 Weeks|
|Term 2||30 April||8 Jul||10 Weeks|
|Term 3||23 Jul||30 Sept||10 Weeks|
|Term 4||15 Oct 2022||16 Dec||9 Weeks|
How to enrol?
Please email [email protected] to subscribe for the latest updates on this course, and we will keep you updated as soon as the course commences.
Donash Education Centre
27 Montacute Road
Campbelltown SA 5074
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 13 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes