ACER Scholarship Preparation
Tutors SA offer special scholarship preparation courses for students currently in year 5 and 6, targeting ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exams organised by the Australian Council for Education and Research (ACER). Students get selected to these courses based on a selection test held at Tutors SA Centres.
Exceptional Achievements in 2018:
Overall 32 students were offered ACER scholarships or passed Ignite entry exam and other similar entry exams.
Ignite: 19 students were successful in Ignite exam, which is an outstanding achievement for Tutors SA (Outstanding 60% Success Rate).
ACER: 8 ACER scholarships were offered to our students from some of the prestigious schools in Adelaide (Such as Prince Alfred College, St Peter’s Girls’ School, St Peter’s College, Immanuel College, Seymour College).
Other – 5 Students succeeded (Adelaide High ALEAP, Adelaide Botanic High School – STEM, Norwood Morialta High – Accelerated STEM Program)
Summary of Information and Key Dates (Round 2):
- Registration close date for the selection test: 21 June 2018
- Selection test date: 23 June 2018 (2.00 – 5.00 pm)
- Test feedback date: 30 June 2018
- Class start date: Hectorville Centre – 5 July 2018, Fullarton Centre – 6 July 2018
Please Click HERE for our Scholarship Class Information Package.
What is in the Information Package?
1. Past ACER Scholarship and Ignite Entry Exam Results Summary
2. What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test and Ignite Entry Test?
3. Who is this test for?
4. What are our goals in preparing students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship tests?
5. What is the course structure in the course offered at Tutors SA?
6. Who will be conducting this course at Tutors SA?
7. What is the selection process for the Tutors SA scholarship classes?
8. What are the other requirements and points to consider?
9. How to register for the selection test?
What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test?
ACER Scholarship Tests is a series of academic ability tests conducted by independent schools in order to award of academic scholarships. Several independent schools in South Australia participate in the Australian Cooperative Entry Program (ACEP).
Who is this test for?
Secondary Level -1 is for students entering Year 7 or 8. The test usually takes place February.
What is the test Structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the ACER exam, namely:
Test 1: Written Expression (extended response, 25 minutes)
Test 2: Humanities – Comprehension and Interpretation (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
Test 4: Written Expression (extended response, 25 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
When are tests held?
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 30 - 35
- Exams 10+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10