ACER Scholarship Preparation
Please note that these sessions are full and close for 2017 enrolments. Please visit our Accelerated ACER Scholarship Preparation Course details for alternative options.
Tutors SA offer special scholarship preparation for students currently in year 5 and 6, targeting ACER and Ignite Scholarship exams. Students get selected for these courses based on a selection test held at Tutors SA Centres.
What is ACER Private School Scholarship Test?
ACER Scholarship Tests is a series of academic ability tests conducted by independent schools in order to award of academic scholarships. Several independent schools in South Australia participate in the Australian Cooperative Entry Program (ACEP).
Who is this test for?
Secondary Level -1 is for students entering Year 7 or 8. The test usually takes place February.
What is the test Structure?
We prepare students for all 4 separate tests within the ACER exam, namely:
Test 1: Written Expression (extended response, 25 minutes)
Test 2: Humanities – Comprehension and Interpretation (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematics (multiple choice, 40 minutes)
Test 4: Written Expression (extended response, 25 minutes)
How we prepare students for the ACER/Ignite scholarship test?
- Our focus is on enhancing our students’ core abilities in Maths, Creative and Persuasive Writing, and Humanities which are essential for this Scholarship test.
- We teach, train and mentor our students in “study techniques”, “exam techniques”, “time management skills” and work extensively to improve their “exam finishing skills”.
- We teach techniques to improve students confident in their abilities, and have the skill to work under-pressure during exam conditions to a greater degree therefore improving our students’ results.
- We follow a structured approach that teaches and challenges students in various aspects which trains our students in the best possible way.
- Every week, we give exercises and practice tests followed by regular homework to reinforce learning.
When are tests held?
Contact us now for more information.
- Lessons 30 - 35
- Exams 10+
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Curriculum Australian
- Students 10